Leghead






The artist known as "Leghead" was born in Brooklyn, New York and raised in Trinidad. If it's not raining or snowing, he's out everyday selling his art on Prince St. in Soho. It's hard to miss a young street-artist with a skateboard, a table full of mannequins, and legs on his head. So if you're in the area, stop by and check out his latest pieces. 

"The most important thing for an artist is attention, then have the work to back it up. That's what I'm working on now. I could do better. Not as in 'look' better, but more meaningful, with a stronger message. I don't want the 'oh, cool' reaction. I want the 'wow'."

"As long as I get a reaction, good or bad, I want people to talk about me. A lot of people laugh and roll their eyes. That's what I want. A reaction. Positive or negative."

"I'm not competing with anybody. I don't look at other artists' stuff and compare. I have fun doing my thing. I'm going after Picasso, Da Vinci, and Van Gogh. It'll take a while to get there, but I'm determined. Like Basquiat, I'm gonna box with these cats."

-Leghead